Thursday, June 9, 2011

I just sell antiques!!



Hi, Pat here. 
   A good friend and fellow picker just told me one of the funniest stories I've EVER heard!!  My friends name is Jackie and she and her husband, Billy sell some of the most unusual, unique and totally cool antiques, collectibles, etc.  Jackie happened to meet a woman with several children one day and invited them to her church.  Jackie noticed the lady showed up several times and then seemed to just disappear. 
   Fast forward to several months later--Jackie was awakened in the middle of the night by a phone call.  She jumped up, answered the phone and a voice she thought she recognized as that same lady asked her "do you have some blow?"  Befuddled, Jackie asked her "what are you asking me?"  Again, the lady asked "do you have some blow?"  Jackie told her "I have no idea what you are asking me.  I don't know what 'blow' is!  Why are you calling ME?!  The lady answered her "I'm looking for some crack, you know blow and your name is in my phonebook and it says you are a dealer!"  Jackie began laughing and told her "I'm an ANTIQUE dealer"!!  The woman promptly hung up on Jackie--guess she wasn't in the market for a Queen Anne side table!!  Too funny--thanks, Jackie for sharing this great story!!

Until next time, happy picking to all,
                                               Judy & Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment